Anthony joined Netskills as Assistant Computing Officer in
September 2005 to aid in the day-to-day IT operations of the
Prior to Netskills, Anthony has worked at Newcastle University since May 2003 as Computer Officer to the University's Business Development Directorate.
Anthony's main duties include:
- Project and consultancy work
- Development of in-house systems
- Commissioning of new hardware and desktop support
- Managing installations and configuration of Netskills Training Suite
- Servers monitoring and patching
Anthony's main areas of skill and expertise lie in:
- Web development
- Information systems analysis and design
- Relational database design and development
- SQL, Perl and PHP
Recent consultancy work
- School of English, Diachronic Electronic Corpus of Tyneside English website development
- Provided technical expertise by developing an online language resource, available to the public, schools and museums, capturing over 100 years of the Tyneside dialect. This was for an AHRC funded research project by the School of English Literature, Language and Linguistics.
- Talk of the Toon website
- Netskills' technical expertise the talk of the toon
- School of Geography, Politics and Sociology website development
- Providing web site administration, maintenance and development support for
the web site of the School of Geography, Politics and Social
Science at Newcastle University.
Restructuring of content to reflect their current focus
and to improve alignment with centrally provided University web
content and services.
- School of Geography, Politics and Sociology website
- AHRC devolving diasporas research project database
- Designed a database structure to meet the storage needs of the research project and implemented a web-based application to allow access.
- Devolving Diasporas website
Educated at Plymouth University with a BSc(Hons) in Computing
and Informatics, Anthony also completed a 13 month work placement
at IBM Hursley Development Labs, Winchester, as part of his four
year Computing degree. The placement consisted of work within
the software test and performance community.
In his spare time, Anthony likes to do lots of running and
cycling and also plays guitar and bass for various musicians.
Project test data